- The style. Fall means boots, scarves, sweaters, tights, beanies and all kinds of snuggley clothes. In the summer, you take away clothes and if you’re still too hot, it’s really frowned upon to walk around naked. Or so my mom keeps telling me, who knows. In the winter, it sometimes gets too cold/rainy to even go outside or be productive. Nothing screams “I’m taking a personal day” like waking up to the sound of rain. It’s time to snuggle up in my PJs with a cup of tea and a movie. But! In the fall the weather is perfect to dress cute and accessorize with a warm beanie (and lets be real, save me lots of time doing my hair). It’s the perfect middle ground.
- The weather. I know I touched on the weather above, but I am not done yet. My favorite thing in the world is when I go outside and it smells like fall. You know the smell I’m talking about. It’s like cinnamon, leaves, and happiness. The crisp breeze just surrounds you, gives you a little chill, and wakes you up with love (this crisp breeze is not to be confused with Santa Ana winds, sorry SoCal).
- Halloween! I am a kid at heart, so any time I’m told, “Go play dress up, eat a bunch of candy, and drink a pumpkin beer” (well…. I admit I wasn’t ever told that last one as a kid but I sure tell myself that one a lot now), I’m surely going to be a in a good mood. How could you not? And since I’m wearing sweaters instead of bikinis, a piece of candy every now and again couldn’t hurt. Right?
- Pumpkin EVERYTHING. Pumpkin ales, pumpkin pies, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, I mean does it get any better than that? The day Starbucks gets Pumpkin Spice latte syrup back, I’m down counting quarters in my car and getting right in line.
- Cuddling. In the summer, everyone is kind of sticky and sweaty and hot. Don’t touch me. When its cold, baby grab a blanket, grab my pup, and cuddle up.
- Television. It’s back baby. The couch missed my butt this summer. And I missed my favorite characters. Does Ted finally get married? What’s going to happen with Nick and Jess? NPH is hosting the Emmys?!? And of course I will be catching some pilots since I lost 30 Rock last year, which I still don’t want to talk about. I miss Liz Lemon, may the show rest in peace.
- PUMPKIN! Oh wait I think I mentioned that. But seriously, I have been craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte since like March.
Written by Alexandra Davis