Oddly enough two of my favorite British females share the same name and the same birthday.
Today is Emma Thompson’s 55th birthday and Emma Watson’s 24th Birthday. Weird, right? Either way, let’s take a second to appreciate the two ladies awesomeness on their day of birth!
Way cool things about Emma Thompson:
- Not only has she won an Oscar for Best Actress (Howards End, 1992), but she’s also won in the Best Screenplay for Sense and Sensibility, which she also starred in. Damn girl.
- She wrote The Further Tales of Peter Rabbit to commemorate Peter Rabbit’s 110th anniversary. It went on to be a NY Times Best seller.
- She does various kinds of charity work and is an activist for what she believes in.
- She doesn’t put up with bull shit (ie painful shoes at award shows. Just kick those bad boys off!)
“Its unfortunate and I really wish I wouldn’t have to say this,
but I really like human beings who have suffered. They’re kinder.”
- Hermoine! (there’s not much of an explanation needed for that one)
- She’s graduating from Brown University this summer.
- She’s certified to teach yoga and meditation??
- She’s so cool. Can’t even handle it.
“I’m going to do what I want to do. I’m going to be who I really am. I’m going to figure out what that is.”